My opinions on the things that piss me off.

Monday, January 09, 2006

Fighting to be worthy.

Last Wednesday was poker night, and since this is a blog and I can say what the hell ever I want, I’m going to retell the hand from hell, my stupid move, and general depression with the game. Firstly, I would like to note this is my second post in as many days; this thing should be burning up technorati. In the first :20 min blind I am late action. I pick up a A-2 offsuit. I believe I called the blinds and took the free cards with maybe three other people. The flop comes A-10-6. As is almost always the case the bet comes around to me, and I bet about 2x the blind. One caller after me. The river comes 2. There is a flush draw on the board but not for me. I bet about 4x in hopes to represent the hand and the player calls again. Now, at this point I am playing against a new guy, and I place him on maybe the flush. He didn’t bet and the only other thing I could manage was pocket aces, unlikely. The river came A. At this point I assumed he made the A high flush, so, in a major mis-calculation, I went all-in. The only cards that would beat me were A-10 and A-6. I know I should have bet, but I think all in, with the current pot, was a heinous call. Also not only playing but betting so heavy on A-2 is verboten. The bike straight is vulnerable and pairing up with no kicker is vulnerable. At the table I focused on the other player’s inexperience and that was wrong. He held the A-6 making the same house, with 6’s. I made the re-buy, which I never do, and went on to elimination shortly after. I had a medium pair, flush draw, and open ended straight draw, only to miss all of them. Verdict; Bad All-In on the first hand, Good All-In and loss on the second. No biggie.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home